Very good for you! Very good tasting! Very easy to make!
When I was on the road with the band Chateau Fambeau they insisted I make these whenever we touched home base.Preheat oven to 400°F (Note change in set temperature at end of recipe) Line muffin tins with paper. Combine in a large bowl:
- 2 ½ Cups Bran
- 1 1/3 cups Whole-Wheat Flour
- ¼ Cup Cocoa
- 1/3 Cup ground Flax Seed
- 2 ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 Cups Raisins (more or less)
Into depression in mixture add:
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Molasses
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Buttermilk or Soured Milk
Reduce oven temperature setting to 350°F!
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Makes about 24 regular size muffins.
- Keeps well in sealed container.
- Freezes well.